Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In blue fields, walking side by side.... under the moonlight, breathing recklessly.... Taking in the world. Is this a dream?
I have been brought up in a world, confused and brittle. Confrontation is imminent, yet waterfalls run its course through rocks, shaping them neverendlessly in a struggle between what is there and what is perceived. The rule of eternity and the powers of time.
Over the distance, across the ocean, over the mountaintops and lush forests that bathe my memory. An image of a different era, long forgotten yet still present within me. A time of departure for the sparrow. I want to love.
Yet so few things bring tears to my eyes nowadays. Forgotten dreams, a certain feeling or smell reminiscent of summer, of long days with red and orange dusks, the taste of friendship. How can I love if this memory is unable to make me cry?
I want to live. Drench my head in the cold waters of a well and feel it pouring down my face. I feel there is much left to pursue, things within the reach of a small boy's hand. I would like to think we are just starting, the effervescent ripples of joyful waves under the night sky.

Oct. 26, 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment